Prof. Nazma has authored/co-authored 92 scientific papers in different National and International Medical Journals
Scientific International Publications
1. R A Jahan, BHN Yasmeen, MM Hoque, MAKA Chowdhury. Effect of Vitamin C as an Adjuvant Therapy in Neonatal Sepsis. Indian Journal of Trauma and Emergency Pediatrics / Volume 9 Number 3 / July - September 2017: 161-65. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21088/ijtep.2348.9987.9317.2
2. Akter S, Parvin R, BHN Yasmeen. Admission Hypothermia Among Neonates Presented to Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. J Nepal Paediatric Soc 2013;33(3):166-171. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3126/jnps.v33i3.8312
3. BHN Yasmeen, MAKA Chowdhury, MM Hoque, MM Hossain, R Jahan, S Akhtar. Effect of short term recombinant human erythropoietin (rHuEPO) therapy in the prevention of anemia of prematurity (AOP) in very low birth weight (VLBW) neonates: Bangladesh Medical Research Council Bulletine 2012; 38(3): 119-123 (December)
4. BHN Yasmeen, S Islam, S Islam , M M Uddin, R Jahan. Prevalence of urinary tract infection, its causative agents and antibiotic sensitivity pattern : A study in Northern International Medical College Hospital, Dhaka. NIMCJ 2015;7 (1): 105-109
5. BH N Yasmeen, S Akhter, F Akhter, R Jahan, M Hassan, M M Hoque. Recombinant Human Erythropoietin (rHuEPO) Reduces Transfusion Requirements in Anaemia of Prematurity.. NIMCJ 2015;6 (2): 53-56.
6. Hoque MM,Ahmed NU,Khan FH,R Jahan R, Yasmeen BHN, Chowdhury MA. Breastfeeding and cognitive development of children:Assessment at one year of age ,Mymensingh Med J 2012 Apr;21 (2):316-321
7. Sk. M A Mannaf, M Nazrul Islam, B H Nazma Yasmeen. Prevalence of Myopia in urban and rural children and its relation with breast feeding- A preliminary study: Trans Ophth Soc Bang 2000; 27 (1); 35-39
8. Hussain M, Yasmeen B H N, Islam SMS,Amin N, Begum J.Pattern of Dermatologic Disorders in Infants. BIRDEM Med J 2013;3 (1):72-73.
9. B H N Yasmeen, R Jahan, S Ahmed, F Akhter, S Ara. Neonatal Cholestasis-Biliary Atresia –A Case Report.NIMCJ 2012 ; 4 (1) : 253-54
10. M. Ruhul Amin, M J Alam, M M Hossain, Mahfuza Shirin, A Ahmed, S P I Halim, S M A Imam, B H Nazma Yasmeen, G M N Islam. Langerhans cell histiocytosis (Letterer – Siwe- Diseases) : Dhaka Shishu (Children) Hospital Journal 1995; 11(1 & 2): 49-52
11. MAU Khan, MS Shakur, MD Islam, BH Nazma Yasmeen, MNA Hasan, E Haque et al. Clinical Characteristics of Pneumonia in Children Suffering from Severe Malnutrition: Dhaka Shishu (Children) Hospital. Journal 2008; 24 (1& 2 ) : 15 – 21.
12. M A Rahman, M R Amin, B H N Yasmeen .Comparison of radiological findings in severe pneumonia and non-severe pneumonia in children aged 1 month to 5 years : NIMC J 2009 ; 1 (1) : 9-12.
13. M A Hussain, B H N Yasmeen. Dealing with Death and Writing proper Death Certificate. NIMC J 2009; 1 (1) : 18-20.
14. B H N Yasmeen, M A K A Chowdhury, M Hoque, M M Hossain, R Jahan, M A Rahman et al. Anaemia of prematurity and its prevention with Recombinant Human Erythropoietin:an update. NIMCJ 2009 ; 1 (1) : 21-24
15. B H N Yasmeen, M A Rahman, R Jahan, S Ara, S Hassan, M B Uddin. Cloacal exstrophy-a rare congenital anomaly. NIMCJ 2009 ; 1 (1) : 25-26.
16. A K S Siddiquey, S Z HM Laila, B H N Yasmeen, S M S Z Hossain. The role of mouse uterotubal junction in homologus and heterologus sperm transport. NIMCJ 2009 ;1(1):68
17. B H N Yasmeen. MMR Vaccine in EPI schedule- an urgent need. NIMC J2009 ; 1 (3) :67-68.
18. R Shameem, S A Latif, S Z Sultana, B H N Yasmeen. Healthy aged persons had a good Renal function and high level of HDL-C. NIMCJ 2009 ; 1 (3) : 72-74.
19. M A Rahman, S Ahmed, B H N Yasmeen. Febrile seizure-an update. Northern International Medical College Journal 2009 ; 1 (3) : 75-79.
20. S Hassan ,M Mahmud, A B Siddique, S Haque, B H N Yasmeen. M A Rahman.Gigantism and its complications-a case report. NIMC J 2009 ; (3) :83-84.
21. B H N Yasmeen. Newborn Screening test- A prick in time saves the nine. NIMC J 2009 ; 1 (2) : 35-36.
22. M A Rahman, B H N Yasmeen, S A Zaman, B K Biswas. Feeding practices of infants aged 6 months and below attending Paediatrics OPD of Faridpur Medical College Hospital.NIMCJ 2009(2) : 40-44.
23. B H N Yasmeen, R Jahan, M A Rahman,J Ara,S Rahman, R Shameen.Fanconi Anaemia- rare disorder.NIMCJ 2009 ; 1 (2) : 55-57.
24. B H N Yasmeen, Prebiotics and probiotics -in paediatric use.NIMCJ 2010 ;2 (1) :99-100.
25. M Ahmed, B H N Yasmeen, R J Akhter,S Ara. Evaluation of biochemical profile of severely malnourished children with conventional management. Northern International Medical College Journal 2010; 2 (1) : 105-8.
26. B H N Yasmeen, S Begum,S Ahmed,Y Joarder, R J Akhter, N Jahan.Role of Kangaroo mother care (KMC) in the management of Low birth weight infants.NIMCJ 2010;2(1)116-119.
27. M N R Khandaker, B H N Yasmeen, F A Banu, A K M N Alam.Modern Classification of Ventricular septal defect. NIMCJ 2010;2(1)120-122.
28. BHN Yasmeen, Parenting style and positive parenting,editorial.NIMCJ 2011;2(2):131-32.
29. M N R Khandaker, B H N Yasmeen, F A Banu, A K M N Alam. Echocardiography in suspected atrial septal defect patients. NIMCJ 2011 ; 2 (2):147-50.
30. Y Joarder, A K M Yousuf, T Bashar, S Hassan, B H N Yasmeen, M M Alam, A Akhter.Prevalence of facial acne vulgaris in patients attended in dermatology and venerology OPD of NIMCH. NIMCJ 2011; 2 (2):151-54.
31. N Jahan, N Nafisa, B H N Yasmeen. Advanced abdominal pregnancy-a case report NIMCJ 2011; 2 (2):158-59.
32. B H N Yasmeen, Internet addiction of children, editorial. NIMCJ 2011;3 (1):163-64.
33. M N R Khandaker, B H N Yasmeen, F A Banu, M R Islam. Echocardiographic profile in cllinicaly suspected ventricular septal defect patients at a sub urban area. NIMCJ2011;3(1) :172-74.
34. S Ahmed, B H N Yasmeen, T Ferdous,M Hossain.Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) in infants and children : an update.NIMCJ 2011 ; 3 (1) :182-85
35. B H N Yasmeen, Chikungunya-needs prevention, Editorial. NIMCJ 2012; 3 (2) :195-96.
36. M N R Khandaker, B H N Yasmeen, F A Banu, M R Islam. Electrocardiographic profile in suspected ventricular septal defect patients in a remote area of Bangladesh. NIMCJ 2012; 3 (2) : 200-03.
37. KSA Chowdhury, BHN Yasmeen. Updates of Tuberculosis. NIMCJ 2012;3(2):208-12.
38. M M U Quader, M A H Khan, M Alam, S Afroz, B H N Yasmeen, K S Alam et.al. D-ve Haemolytic uraemic syndrome in children with acute stroke syndrome-a case report.NIMCJ 2011; 3 (2) : 21
39. B H N Yasmeen, Paediatric Mass Casualty triage,editorial. NIMCJ 2012 ; 4 (1) : 227-28.
40. F Islam,S Ahmed, B H N Yasmeen, N Begum, K R Parveen,M M Rahman.
Outcome of management of Childhood Epilepsy in a tertiary care hospital- A Retrospective study . NIMCJ 2012 ; 4 (1) :237-40.
41. B H N Yasmeen, Liver transplantation in children, Editorial. NIMCJ 2013;4 (2): 259-60.
42. F Islam, S Ahmed, B H N Yasmeen, M A Mannan, R Parvin, R Parvin.Clinico-pathological profile of Hodgkins lymphoma in Children. NIMCJ 2013 ; 4 (2) :273-76.
43. B H N Yasmeen, Communication: A Basic Skill of Medical Practice, editorial. NIMCJ 2013;5 (1): 291-92.
44. R Parvin, S Ahmed, R T Hyder, B H N Yasmeen, M Rahman, F Islam. Cerebral Palsy-An Update . NIMCJ 2013 ; 5 (1) :293-96.
45. R T Hyder, B H N Yasmeen, S Ahmed, M S Islam , F Islam.Clinical profile and Outcome of Enteric Fever in hospitalized children aged 6 months to 2 years. NIMCJ 2013 ; 5 (1) :301-05.
46. B H N Yasmeen, R A Jahan, S Ahmed, M Hussain, A U Khan, J A Begum,M M Hoque. Cat Scratch Disease-A Case Report.NIMCJ 2013 ; 5 (1) :316-17.
47. B H N Yasmeen, Bone marrow transplantation,editorial.NIMCJ 2014;5 (2): 323-24.
48. F Islam,S Ahmed, B H N Yasmeen, N Begum, S Sharmin, L Helaly et al.Recent advances in the management of Epilepsy- A review NIMCJ 2014; 5 (2) :353-56.
49. S Akter, R Parvin, BHN Yasmeen, K S Anwar, M M Hossain.Association of infection, blood transfusion and other clinical factors with retinopathy of prematurity (ROP). NIMCJ 2014 ; 5 (2) :325-28.
50. M Hassan, BHN Yasmeen, T U Ahmed, M Begum, AWS Rob,AU Ahmed et al Practice of giving exclusive breastfeeding among the babies of working mothers and house wife mothers- a comparative study. NIMCJ 2014;5 (2):339-41.
51. M H K Talukder, BHN Yasmeen, R Nazneen, M Z Hossain, I J Chowdhury. Assessment of relevance and effectiveness of Community Health Workforce (CHW) development system in Bangladesh. NIMCJ 2014;5 (2):332-35.
52. B H N Yasmeen, Small bite, big threat, editorial. NIMCJ 2014;6 (1): 04-05.
53. M Hassan, B H N Yasmeen, N Begum. Fungal sepsis and Indications of antifungal prophylaxis and treatment in neonatal intensive care units: review article. NIMCJ 2014; 6 (1): 06-08.
54. M M Z Islam, M M Hossain, M A M Mamun, S Mahmud, B H N Yasmeen. Risk factors which affect the change of Antibiotics in neonatal pneumonia observed in a tertiary care hospital, NIMCJ 2014; 6 (1): 21-24.
55. F Akhter, B H N Yasmeen, M Hanif, S Roy. Renal functional reserve by measuring the creatinine clearance in children: previously diagnosed & improved after acute renal failure. NIMCJ 2014;6 (1): 15-17.
56. B H N Yasmeen, Neurofeedback: A non-drug treatment of Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder, editorial. NIMCJ 2015;6 (2): 43-44.
57. M Hassan, M Begum, S M Z Haque, N Jahan, B H N Yasmeen, A Mannan, K Choudhury, H Rahman. Immediate Outcome of Neonates with Maternal Hypertensive Disorder of Pregnancy at a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. NIMCJ 2015;6 (2):57-60.
58. BHN Yasmeen. WBW 2015: Breastfeeding and work Let’s make it work! editorial. NIMCJ 2015;7 (1): 85-86.
59. N Jahan , B H N Yasmeen, M B Parvin, S Akhter, S Yeasmin. Use of clomiphene for infertility in the polycystic ovary syndrome. NIMCJ 2015;7 (1): 94-96.
60. Ahmad M, Rahman FN, Hussain MA, Chowdhury MH, B H N Yasmeen. A Medico Legal Study of Hanging Cases at Dhaka Medical College. NIMCJ 2015;7 (1): 110-14.
61. BHN Yasmeen. The first World Antibiotic Awareness Week On Antibiotic Resistance editorial. NIMCJ 2016;7 (2): 121-24. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v7i2.29652
62. Mir Mohammad Yusuf, BH Nazma Yasmeen, MAK Azad Chowdhury. Evaluation of Hematological Scoring System (HSS) for Early Diagnosis of Neonatal Sepsis. NIMCJ 2016;7 (2): 135-38.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v7i2.29656
63. Mahmuda Hassan, BH Nazma Yasmeen. Neutropenia in neonate – an overview NIMCJ 2016;7 (2): 149-52. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v7i2.29660
64. BH Nazma Yasmeen. Bombay blood group - the rarest blood group in the world. NIMCJ 2016; 8 (1): 163-164 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v8i1.32388
65. M K Alam, D Hossain, AHossain Khan, B H N Yasmeen, M U Alam,S Afroz et al. Renal Histopathology in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome at National Institute of Kidney Diseases and Urology, Dhaka, Bangladesh– an experience of one decade. NIMCJ 2016; 8 (1):165-169 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v8i1.32389
66. R J Akhter, M M Hoque, B H N Yasmeen, MAK A Chowdhury. Bacteriological profile and sensitivity pattern of neonatal sepsis. NIMCJ 2016; 8 (1):174-177. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v8i1.32391 .
67. M Al Islam, S Begum, B H N Yasmeen, J Ahmed, M M Amin. Feeding Intolerance in Preterm Neonates in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Padma General hospital, Dhaka. . NIMCJ 2016; 8 (1):178-180. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v8i1.32393
68. K Mahmud, A R Khan, B H N Yasmeen, M K Islam, S Karim. Classic Swenson abdomino perineal pull through in the treatment of Hirschsprung’s Disease – 3 years experience in a tertiary care Paediatric Hospital in Bangladesh. NIMCJ 2016; 8 (1):185-188.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v8i1.32395
69. R J Akhter,B H N Yasmeen, N Begum, AFM A Imran. Tuberous sclerosis–A Neurocutaneous Disorder NIMCJ 2017; 8 (2):205-207. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v8i2.32550
70. M A Islam, J Ahmed, B H N Yasmeen, M M Z Islam, N Nahar. Etiology and Antimicrobial Susceptibility Patterns of Urinary Tract Infection at Dhaka Shishu (children) Hospital. NIMCJ 2017; 8 (2):220-223.
71. M M Hallaz, B H N Yasmeen, N Sultana, M Akter, N A Basher. Comparison of the efficacy of Solifenacin Succinate and Tolterodine for the treatment of overactive bladder syndrome NIMCJ 2017; 8 (2):231-234.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v8i2.32557
72. B H N Yasmeen. Noninvasive Screening of Neonatal Jaundice. editorial. NIMCJ 2017; 8 (2):203-204. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v8i2.32549
73. B H N Yasmeen. Elastography-One Step Ahead. NIMCJ 2017; 9 (1):243-244. Available at: <https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/NIMCJ/article/view/35918>. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v9i1.35918.
74. F A Banu, B H N Yasmeen, S Parvez, SKA Hossain. Coping ways of the medical cost in Ischemic Heart Disease patients of Bangladesh. NIMCJ 2017; 9 (1):258-260. At <https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/NIMCJ/article/view/35923>. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v9i1.35923.
75. M M Z Islam, M Kamruzzam, B H N Yasmeen, N Begum, AFM A Imran. Evaluation of Chronic Cough in Children: A Prospective Study in a Tertiary Care Hospital. NIMCJ 2017; 9 (1):264-268. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v9i1.35925
76. R J Akhter, B H N Yasmeen, M L Nahar. An infant with Recurrent Infections –What should we think. NIMCJ 2017; 9 (1):278-279. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v9i1.35929
77. B H N Yasmeen. Insulin administration Devices–an update. NIMCJ 2018; 9 (2):283-84. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v9i2.38907
78. F Ferdous, B H N Yasmeen, M F Alam, M M R Chisty, M M Kamal, Z I Ali. Language Problem in Bangladeshi Children with Autism spectrum disorder: Observation through a Neurolinguistics Approach. NIMCJ 2018; 9 (2):295-99. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v9i2.38910
79. F Nesa, F Chowdhury, B H N Yasmeen, S Rahman, N Begum. Mode of delivery and fetal outcome in meconium stained amniotic fluid in DMCH. NIMCJ 2018; 9 (2):304-07.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v9i2.38912
80. B H N Yasmeen. Liver dialysis: a bridge to liver transplantation or regeneration NIMCJ 2018; 10(1):324-25. DOI: DOI: http:// 10.3329/nimcj. v10i1.39313
81. S Mehnaz, M A K A Chowdhury, B H N Yasmeen, M M Rahman, R J Akhter, M Afrin et a; Role of Human Recombinant Erythropoietin (rHuEPO) in Perinatal Asphyxia-a randomized controlled trial. NIMCJ 2018; 10(1):330-34. DOI: 10.3329/nimcj. v10i1.39326
82. F R Chowdhury, B H N Yasmeen, S Rahman. Study on Exclusive Breastfeeding practice and related factors among mothers attending in a tertiary care hospital of Bangladesh; NIMCJ 2018; 10(1):330-34. DOI: 10.3329/nimcj. v10i1.39329
83. M Hasan, H Rahman, B H N Yasmeen, A Mukti, H Haque, M Khan et al. Thiamine deficiency - Beriberi – A forgotten disease. NIMCJ 2018; 10 (1):330-34. DOI: 10.3329/nimcj. v10i1.39331.
84. B H N Yasmeen. Biological clock- our 24 hours’ rhythms. NIMCJ 2019; 10(2):363-65. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v10i2.45428
85. M M Yusuf, B H N Yasmeen, M A K Azad Chowdhury. Disease pattern and Biochemical profile as a predictor of outcome of Critically sick neonates in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. NIMCJ 2019; 10 (2):381-85. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v10i2.45433
86. S Kadir, T Begum, M R Islam, G Nabi, M A Haque, N S Hoque B H N Yasmeen et al. Salmonella Hepatitis in Children: An Update. NIMCJ 2019; 10 (2):397-99. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v10i2.45436
87. R J Akher, B H N Yasmeen. A very young patient with Tubercular Meningitis and its complications. NIMCJ 2019; 10 (2):400-01. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v10i2.45437
88. B H N Yasmeen. Noninvasive prenatal diagnosis of β-Thalassaemia. NIMCJ 2019; 11(1):403-05. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v11i1.50732
89. H R Quaderi,S Sarker,S I Kanta, B H N Yasmeen. . Short term outcome of epileptic Seizure in children attending at Paediatric Neuroscience Department of Dhaka Shishu Hospital. NIMCJ 2019; 11(1):411-14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v11i1.50734
90. F Nesa, F Chowdhury, B H N Yasmeen, N Begum, A Das. Serum uric acid level between normotensive and pre-eclamptic patients in third trimester of pregnancy and perinatal outcome. NIMCJ 2019; 11(1):419-22. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v11i1.50736
91. M Rahman, B H N Yasmeen, N Jahan, M M Hoque, S K Halder, A Halder et.al. Recent Trend of Bacteriological Profile and Drug Sensitivity Pattern of Neonatal Septicemia in A Tertiary Care Hospital in Bangladesh. NIMCJ 2019; 11(2):419-22. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v11i1.50738
92. M Hassan, K Chowdhury, B H N Yasmeen, H Rahman, M Khan, A Mukti et.al. Incidental diagnosis of combined deficiency of vitamin C and D in a child admitted with bronchiolitis. NIMCJ 2019; 11(2):419-22. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/nimcj.v11i1.50740
Scientific Paper Presentations: International Presentation
“Effect of short term Recombinant Human Erythropoietin therapy in the prevention of
Anaemia of Prematurity in very low birth weight neonates”at the 6th Congress of Asian
Society for Pediatric Reserch & 51st Annual Meeting of Taiwan Pediatric Association,
April 16, 2010, Taipei, Taiwan.
Scientific Paper Presentations: National Presentation
“Effect of Recombinant Human Erythropoietin (rHuEpo) in the Prevention of Anaemia
of Prematurity (AOP) in very low birth weight neonates”at the 16th Biennial Conference of
Bangladesh Paediatric Association, 21 March 2009, BCPS,Dhaka
“Swine flu” keynote speaker of the Seminar on Swine flu ,at Northern International Medical
College, Dhanmondi, Dhaka. on August 31, 2009.
Other Academic Activities:
Member, International Editorial Advisory Board: Indian Journal of Trauma and Emergency Pediatrics (2011-till now)
Editor, Northern International Medical College Journal (August 2009 -till now)
Essential Newborn Care- A Guide for Practice published by WHO & BNF (2008)
The BAPGANS BULLETIN, September 2007, Vol 1, No 1 (Newsletter of Bangladesh
Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Society (BAPGANS).
Editor of several popular and renowned monthly Bengoli health magazines ‘Swasthakatha’(1998-2000), Mashik Apnar Shastho (1995-97) Prescription (1993-94)
Contributed a chapter in Essential Newborn Care guidelines for Doctors & Nurses –
(Published in collaboration with – WHO, DGHS and BNF)
Published many Medical Science Articles in different daily newspapers and weekly magazines of Bangladesh.
Position in other learned bodies :
Scientific Secretary : Bangladesh Paediatric Association (BPA) 2012-14
Member Executive Committee : Paediatric Endocrine Society of Bangladesh (PESB)
Reviewer : Bangladesh Medical Research Council Journal (BMRCJ)
Science book division, Bangla Academy
Fellow : Bangladesh Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (BACAMH)
Life Member : Bangla Academy/ Bangladesh Paediatric Association (BPA)/
Bangladesh Neonatal Forum (BNF)
Vice President : Dhanmondi Govt. Girls’ High School Alumni Association (2015-2018)